Tuesday, July 17, 2012

How do I Buy your Books

Everyday I get fans asking me if they can buy hard copies of my books. Since my books are published in Mexico my novels have not been available in retail channels outside of Latin America.

Soon there will be a link on this site which will allow you to order books from my personal supply and allow me to sign each copy and mail them for a flat fee to 190 countries in the world.

The fee for any of my books is $14.95 US per book.

The shipping fee is a flat fee of $9.00 US for one book; $12.00 for two; $15.00 for three and $18.00 for all four novels. So if my math skills are correct, if you buy all four of my books including shipping it will cost you a gazillion dollars.


This is a special price for my online friends and fans, as the books sell for $200 pesos in Mexico (about $18.00).

The popularity of eBooks is growing fast and IMHO one day (sooner than you think) Amazon will be the world's largest book publisher. Amazon has made strides in that direction with AmazonEncore, Author Central and their relatively new POD (print-on-demand) site CreateSpace.

My goal is just to write and get my books out there where readers can find them, and e-publishing lets me do this in a way that doesn't cost me thousands of dollars paid to some vanity press to get a few thousand copies that only wind up moldy in my garage.

I encourage anyone to invest in some form of an eReader. Personally, I like the Kindle. These readers are the future of literature. Yes, I know that you love the feel of a new book in your hands just like you loved the feel of vinyl records and 8-track players back in the day.

Amazon will do to books what the iPod did to music and that day is coming at you like a bullet train. Don't be the last kid on your block to adapt. I mean, come on.

One of my books in live paperback will cost you about $25 smackers including shipping. Online through Amazon or Smashwords they are less than $4.00 each, no shipping charges and you don't have to wait; they download in less than one minute. Now where did I store my old vinyl LP record collection???

No comments:

Post a Comment